PassPack has added Rapid Access Login – better known as the “remember me” feature. This helps make PassPack a more seamless part of your day.
If you check off the “Remember me for one week” checkbox when signing in, PassPack will do just that. This will only work on one computer at a time, and you must first set up a Welcome Message. Here are the restrictions:
- The Anti-phishing Welcome Message must be active, and properly set up for your IP.
- You can’t ever skip the Packing Key. You’ll always have to type that in.
- You will only be remembered on one computer at a time.
- You will only be remembered for one week.
- You must accept a cookie.
Why only one week?
Because otherwise, you may forget your Pass. That would not be fun.
Cookies & Security
This feature, unlike the rest of the application, uses a cookie. The cookie does not contain your pass, nor any variation of it, nor any personally identifying information. Rather, it contains a randomly generated, encrypted token.
If the cookie is valid, then you will be able to skip the sign in screen, and go straight to the Anti-phishing Welcome Message. If not, you will be shown the normal sign in screen.
The Packing Key
You can’t skip the Packing Key. It is the only thing that can unpack your data. You can read how that works here.